Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Job Type:Direct Hire
Apply Now|Add To My Jobs|View My Jobs|Send To Friend
Position Summary: Technical Specialist for assigned production area. Job requirements include the analysis and improvement of current production processes and coordination of new model and tooling launches.
Essential Functionsinclude but are not limited to:
* Serve as technical expert of assigned area during new vehicle and/or tooling launches.
* Coordinate and lead project activities, including design, supplier selection, and implementation phases.
* Analyze and continuously improve performance of assigned area (safety, quality, production, cost, and human factors).
* Participate in Cross Functional Teams (CFT) and other problem solving teams, as directed by senior management.
* Serve as a technical expert for Team Members, Team Leaders, and Group Leaders, including technical training.
* Support daily production issues.
* Understand and control labor allocation.
* Continually review technical developments in area of responsibility and propose new technology projects as appropriate.
* Report current projects, progress and issues to senior management. Prepare presentations and reports as required.
* Administer, coordinate, and comply with all Business Management Systems (BMS) and Environmental Management Systems (EMS) requirements.
* Meet all other requirements as assigned.
0 – 10 years job related experience in automotive assembly preferred
Occasional travel (domestic, foreign)
Working hours may include weekends, holidays, and/or off shifts
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent desired