Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Senior Software Engineer
Alabama - Mobile
Return to Previous Page
TeleVox (www.televox.com) is a leading technology company serving the healthcare and commercial industries. With 100s of millions of notifications per year, chances are you have used our services without even knowing it. Whether it's helping you pay a medical bill online, reminding you of an upcoming appointment, helping you vote for your favorite star on a prime time television show, or accessing one of our thousands of health care web applications we are the technology behind the scenes. Does your company grow even in a recession and have tens of 1000s of clients? We do. Join our passionate team and enjoy ping pong or foosball with your fellow developers in one of our break rooms. Gain some heartburn in our annual chili cook-off or showcase you best hot sauce. Enjoy a full benefits package (401k matching, Dental, Medical, Vision, Vacation Days, etc) so your family's needs are taken care of. We are a subsidiary of West Corporation (west.com), and provide the stability associated with this multi-billion dollar backing.
Responsible for working on highly technical, complex software projects in order to develop technical solutions and services which are cost effective while meeting the business needs of the Company; lead activities throughout the entire software development life cycle providing consultative advise and direction to development team; participate in business meetings to identify and understand the company's goals and objectives in order to develop software that will meet the company's current and future business needs; analyze and review functional and performance requirements to support design architecture, providing alternative solutions as necessary; perform troubleshooting and issue resolution throughout project ensuring issues are brought to resolution and on-going communication with project team and Executive Management is maintained; coach and mentor project team members to ensure thorough understanding of project tasks and company goals.
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related discipline is preferred
* Minimum five years increasingly responsible programming experience using a standard
coding language and/or platform required
* Minimum seven years experience writing detailed program designs for medium to large
sized projects preferred
* Minimum three years experience as a .NET Engineer preferred
* Minimum three years experience as a technical lead in a team environment
* Based on area of responsibility and departmental need, knowledge of: one or more program
platform is required (Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2003 – 2012, MSSQL 2005 – 2012, Microsoft IIS) or Web) and one or more standard programming language is required (C/C++/C#, SQL, Visual .NET, HTML, XML/VXML, SOA, XML, SOAP, WS-*, asp.NET, C#.NET)
* Based on area of responsibility and department need: Knowledge of .NET, ASP.net,
MSSQL, C# is preferred
* Based on area of responsibility OLAP may be preferred
* Based on area of responsibility and department need: Understanding of Portal and Mobile Application architecture and integration preferred
* Based on area of responsibility and department need: Creating test cases, test harness and leading development automation testing efforts
* Based on area of responsibility and department need: Leading Code reviews and guiding development efforts of other development team members
* Based on area of responsibility and department need: Knowledge of versioning tools such as TFS
* Based on area of responsibility and department need: Develop new programs, processes and make recommendations to produce higher quality code may be preferred
* Based on area of responsibility and department need: Knowledge of web based services, transactions, session management may be preferred
* Based on area of responsibility and departmental experience in one or more of the
following platforms may be preferred: VXML, Speech Application Development, SMS/MMS, TTS, Voice Biometric application development, Relational database design & tuning and messaging systems, MSSQL Server Administration, Data Warehousing, MSSQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), MSSQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), BizTalk, Business Intelligence, Business Process Management, Business Process Modeling, Enterprise Service Bus, Data mining, Windows Clustering, Windows Networking, Client Server Architecture, Distributed Architecture, Domain Model Architecture, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), Application monitoring and performance tools
If you meet the minimum qualifications of this position and are interested in applying, apply online today!
Please allow 30-45 minutes of uninterrupted time to complete the online process.
Applications will be accepted through 05/23/2013.
It's a Great Day at TeleVox!
West Corporation and its subsidiaries participate in E-Verify, a service of the Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration. For additional information go to: http://www.west.com/west_everify.pdf
Return to Previous Page