Pace Runners, Inc. Logistics Supervisor in Mobile, Alabama
Pace Runners is looking for a Logistics Supervisor in Nashville, TN.
The Logistics Supervisor is responsible for management of route optimization, drivers, and exceeding customer service and performance metrics. Logistic Supervisor is responsible for a staff, Independent Contractors, fleet and equipment at the business facility.
- Manage a team of drivers, Independent Contractors, fleet and equipment that operates 7 days a week
- Assisting in the management of the operations to budget
- Assisting in maintaining the operations and service performance levels
- Ability to follow DOT/OHSA/FMCSA standards
- Responsible for the timely administration of reporting to our corporate office and to the customer
- Strategically manage to the business model
- Participate in training and development
- Ability to tailor communication, both orally and written, to PRI employees of organizational levels
- Communicate effectively with the customer
- Assisting the Logistics Manager in the supervision of the staff and scheduling at the business facility
- Provide accurate information to accounting department for billing and tracking costs
- Ability to uphold the highest standards of character and integrity
- 1-3 years of dock leadership experience
- Routing experience
- Experience with scanners
- Ability to identify problems and provide solutions efficiently
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a team
- Knowledge of local and federal DOT/FMSCA regulations
- Management experience in the Transportation and Logistics field
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented and organized
- Ability to build new relationships and grow current relationships
- Must be willing and able to work 1st, 2nd, or 3rdshift
- Computer skills in Excel and word
- Basic understanding and knowledge of dispatch operating systems
- Valid driver’s license
- Able to stoop, kneel, bend, and lift packages that may exceed 50 lbs.
Candidates are subject to criminal background, drug and alcohol screenings.
We are committed to providing our customers and team members an excellent experience. We define ourselves by capitalizing on our relationships and striving to improve ourselves and the lives of others through our work. It is our mission and vision that drive us to provide the best service possible to the communities that we serve.
If you feel like you possess the values and skills that it takes to join our team then submit your resume. We look forward to meeting you.
Location: Mobile, AL