Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Software Engineer III
Job Number: 215595
AAI is a leading manufacturer of state-of-the-art military technology and is looking for talented, motivated software engineers to work on current and next generation unmanned aerial vehicles and command and control systems. AAI utilizes agile software development methodologies to produce forward leaning software and system designs that respond easily and robustly to changing customer needs and on demand in-the-field priorities. At the same time we maintain and continually improve processes that ensure delivery of high quality systems to our customers. If you are looking to make an impact in driving proven technology to the next level in support of our men and women in uniform, then set your eyes on AAI.
As a software engineer for the Unmanned Aircraft Systems business unit, you will support software engineering activities on proposals and projects. Software engineering activities include:
• Participates in Agile development product lifecycles.
• Software design.
• Coding, debugging, testing and documentation of software requirements.
• Preparing for and participating in design and code peer reviews.
• Hardware and software integration.
• Requirements analysis and development.
• UML Diagramming to support product and system documentation.
• Providing planning and status inputs to the cost account manager (CAM)
• Participates, from time to time, in preparation of formal documentation such as; test plans, test procedures, test reports, and proposals as required.
• Mentoring and support of junior staff.
• Technical leadership and supervision of small tasks as the need may arise.
• Assists in computer, software and subcontractor selection and may act as vendor contact on small subsystems or projects.
• Work hands on with future military technology
Education/Experience: Bachelors Degree in Computer Science and 5 years of relevant experience.
Demonstrated skills include:
• Team player.
• Effective communicator.
• OOP understanding and experience.
• Engages readily with challenging opportunities and new technologies.
• Creative problem solver with good trouble shooting skills.
• Good Java and C design and development skills with at least 5 years of professional experience in one if not both languages.
• Experience with the following is a plus: Web Services, XML, SQL and Relational Databases, Publish/Subscribe Messaging, Request / Response Messaging, Networking protocols (TCP/UDP).
• Experience with the following tools is important and will be considered: Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 & 2010, Eclipse, and Subversion.
• Experience working with Microsoft Windows and Linux.
• Experience with MS Office
• Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain/maintain a Secret government security clearance.