Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Senior Director for Ground/Land Programs in Huntsville, AL
Other Locations: USA-Texas-Rockwall
Incumbent will act as primary point of contact for all Ground/Land Program activities and operations ensuring adherence to cost, schedule, and technical performance. Incumbent will frequently interface with customers at Rock Island Contracting Command (RICC) and other logistics commands, including Contracting Officer and other Government officials, as well as coordinate tasks between Prime and Subcontractors and Installation Commands at the Task Order Level. Incumbent must have expert knowledge of DOD logistic operations, organizational structures, and culture. Incumbent will report directly to President of the Army Sustainment Division (ASD).
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Oversees the operational planning, establishment, execution, and evaluation of a multifaceted program consisting of supporting an installation with tactical and operational level logistics in supply, maintenance, and transportation.
· Oversees the day to day organization, management, administration, budgeting, financial management, human resources, subcontract management, small business utilization and interface, and quality program.
· Will lead a group of Army Combat Service Support logistics subject matter experts performing capabilities development functions, including DOL related requirements analysis, in support of EAGLE and RICC.
· Lead efforts to develop, analyze, and validate sustainment elements and supportability requirements for acquisition efforts; develop logistics concepts and be familiar with functional task alignment of Department of the Army staffs, directorates and related agencies in developing logistical support methods, processes and policies.
· Allocates resources and sets schedules to accomplish program objectives. Leads program reviews and readjusts resources and schedules to accomplish programs, as necessary.
· Develop a strong understanding of potential Army customer needs and expectations through direct contact to establish trusted relationships with executives, stakeholders, influencer's, and decision makers
· Work with and direct Account Managers to proactively develop new business and pipeline opportunities yielding short, mid, and long-term growth objectives
· Lead the development of the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and business strategy
· Identify and qualify new customers and markets
· Lead the development of business cases and solutions
· Present new opportunities to internal stakeholders to build consensus around capture priorities and investments
· Responsible for profit and loss of the organization as well as growth.
· Must possess broad knowledge of materiel readiness program and demonstrated accomplishment of meeting key metrics pertaining to supply, maintenance, and transportation.
· Superior oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to motivate and garner superior results from the workforce. Ability to brief and provide analyses to General Officers and Senior Executive Service (SES) leaders.
· Successful applicant must possess knowledge of required Installation specific DOL and other logistics support to current and emerging war fighter requirements CONUS and OCONUS, and also understand integrated logistics planning support solutions.
· Have specific senior management experience in Maintenance, Transportation, Logistics or Supply Management areas
· Extensive experience in the newly formed US Army Logistics Officer Corps or Logistics Branch having been a former Ordnance, Transportation, or Quartermaster branch qualified officer.
· 15 years of experience in Business or technical related field, including ten (10) years of demonstrated operation and tactical level logistics supporting Army organizations and installations.
· Must have experience managing large, complex DoD logistics programs as a Government employee or contractor.
· Requires management and supervisory experience working in a performance based contracting environment.
· Must possess outstanding customer relationship skills. Candidate must demonstrate the ability to manage multiple operations at multiple sites and cooperate with Government officials.
· Position requires extensive knowledge of DoD logistics contracts and operations, including supply chain management, inventory management, logistics systems and warehouse operations, tactical and non-tactical vehicle maintenance, LBE, RESET, APS activities and tasks, as well as Installation Transportation requirements.
· Knowledge of and experience with the following Army Logistics related contracts: Field and Installation Readiness Support Team (FIRST), Support Base Services (SBS), GSA LogWorld, Operations, Planning, Training and Resource Support Services (OPTARSS), Enhanced Army Global Logistics Enterprise (EAGLE) Program, Rapid Response 3rd Generation (R23G). Must have specific experience dealing with the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) and Army Materiel Command (AMC
· BA degree in Business or technical related field.
· Preferred, Masters Degree and/or at least 15 years of contract program management operations and/or business development experience in DOD logistics.
US Security Clearance Required: Secret
Organization:Army Sustainment Division (ASD)