Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Advertised Position Title Program Manager - MSFC
Division Mission Systems
Work Location AL, Huntsville
Job Description POSITION SUMMARY:
The Program Manager (PM) has the responsibility for the overall effective management and allocation of the personnel and resources necessary to meet all contract requirements. The PM has full authority to act on behalf of the Contractor on all contract matters relating to the daily operation of this contract to provide operations and maintenance of all MSFC facilities and collateral equipment and other related functions. The PM shall emphasize supporting the missions of MSFC in a safe, reliable and timely manner, with minimum disruptions to the facility occupants/users.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Fully responsible for the overall management of the contract. Performs all necessary management functions in order to plan, implement, track, report, and deliver the required services according to the scheduled requirements.
2. Ensures continuity of support during Contractor personnel changes
3. Interfaces with and acts as the on-site Point of Contact with the CO, COTR, and Government leadership
4. Acts as the first point of contact for contractual or administrative questions with the intent to sustain and improve customer satisfaction
5. Authorized representative for all technical and administrative performance of all services required
6. Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with customers, peers, and other stakeholders as required
7. Provides oversight and approval of technical approaches, products and processes
8. Oversees the execution of the contract Transition Plan
9. Oversees the management and implementation of the Program Management Plan
10. Reviews business systems administration, resources, procedures, and methods to improve operational effectiveness, utility, and efficiency
11. Oversees the Contractor s Environmental, Health, and Safety functions, ensuring that all safe work practices are being followed
12. Monitors cost control, financial reports, budgeting, and overall operating costs
13. Oversees the coordination of work priorities and monitoring of methods, procedures, and programs
14. Oversees the monitoring and inspecting of maintenance, repair, and service operations for quality control and contract compliance
15. Ensures that management and contract reports are accurate before submission
16. Performs other duties and assignments as required
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Personal computer and other general office equipment
Work is generally conducted in an office environment and at project work areas. Duties, however, may involve the conduct of work outdoors.
Work may require lifting up to 50 lbs., stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting, and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical dangers and chemical or hazardous agents. Employee use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required in certain areas. Such PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing protective devices. Must comply with OSHA, EPA, Fire Regulations and published work rules.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
A bachelor s degree from an accredited university in engineering, business, or a closely related field. MBA or MS highly preffered. PMP certification is preferred. Lean Six Sigma certification (Green/Black belt) is a plus. Valid US driver's license required; must be a U.S. citizen with a SECRET clearance.
Minimum 20 years experience in management-level positions of responsibility and complexity similar in size and scope to the MSFC-FOMSS contract. Experience must include at least 15 years in facilities operations and maintenance (O&M) with a strong background in Steam Boiler and Steam Distribution O&M, HVAC and uninterruptible power systems. Knowledge of Reliability Centered Maintenance required. Experience as a manager working with labor unions or managing service employees working under the Service Contract Act required. Project Management experience should include cost controls, budgeting, scoping, planning, estimating, procurement, scheduling, change management, tracking, and Contractor dispute resolution. Experience in Firm Fixed Price (FFP), Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (ID/IQ) and Time and Materials (T&M) contracts preferred. GSA Schedule contract experience is preferred or, at a minimum, task order contracting experience is preferred.
Must possess excellent computer, interpersonal, personnel management, and oral and written communication skills.
Clearance Level Required at Start Date Secret
Work Status Full-Time