Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
WSE Blowmolding Maintenance Technician
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Guntersville, AL
*****You must enter your own unique email address and password. If you share an email address with another candidate you will need to create your own MSN Hotmail email address on the next page*****
The blow-molding Maintenance Technician is a hands-on technical resource for resolving equipment problems impacting production. This position will assist the Process Specialist in diagnosing production problems and will work independently in fixing equipment mechanical problems. The Maintenance Technician is expected to be able to resolve manufacturing problems and develop and train set-up technicians to do the same. The Maintenance Technician is expected to identify tooling and machine related issues, identify corrective actions, perform equipment repairs, direct the identification and purchase of replacement parts, and assist the shift supervisors in identifying personnel issues impacting shift performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• HVAC Maintenance responsibilities
• Help clean and maintain equipment in like-new condition
• Conduct 6S audits as directed
• Maintain 6S AORs
• Develop, draft, and lead A3s as needed and assigned
• Assist with mold sets and tooling changes as needed
• Performance of MP2 work order tasks as assigned
• Train operators and line workers to become maintenance technicians as assigned
• Be the first responder( if available) to and correct all line breakdowns
• Contacting Process specialists, setup technicians and shift supervisors as breakdowns dictate
• Conduct by line leak reviews and construct hydraulic hoses and water lines as directed
• Step into the shift setup technicians role as required
• Other duties as assigned
Must be willing to step in as a shift supervisor as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Requires a 2 year Technical School degree in a related field OR 2 or more years of related work experience. Must be able to use MS Office (Word and Excel) to perform basic tasks.
o A minimum of 2 years of experience interpreting engineering drawings.
o A minimum of 1 year of experience with PLCs and performing daily diagnostics and repairs
o A minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar blow-molding polymer processing environment resolving equipment and HVAC related issues
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.